Skill Level: Advanced, Skill Development: Fakes, Footwork, Handling & Shooting. Improve your ball control and your ability to create space to help you shoot strong under the basket. This is a great drill for everyone especially centres and forwards trying to improve their agility under the hoop. This drill will help you put up a strong shot under the basket.
- Start one big step from the hoop standing with your back to the basket and one foot closer to the baseline than the other.
- Hold the ball under your chin, firmly with your elbows out wide protecting the ball.
- Pivot from the foot most further away from the baseline and turn your body 180 degrees so you are facing the basket.
- Pump a fake shot as you plant your non pivot foot.
- Take one Pound (Hard) Bounce towards the basket and make a quick step and shoot with one hand.
- Keep repeating this quickly and try different sides and mix up your shooting hands.
- Make the fake shot look real.
- Push hard to the basket. Be explosive while maintaining your balance.
- Don’t always shoot from the same. Be as good a shooter on your left side as you are on your right side.
- Be Strong under the Hoop and Be Awesome!