Skill Level: Advanced, Skill Development: Layups, Shooting, Jabs & Footwork. Learn how to fake foot jab, balance and quickly drive to the basket. The drill is designed to help you change direction on the dribble, develop the skill of a fake foot jab to help you create some space from your defender and then enable to you use that space to your advantage and quickly drive to the basket. Master this drill by learning to jab fake quickly (right and left sides), balance, drive to the basket on your left and right sides and be explosive.
Start on the right side
- Start from the 3 point line close to the right elbow.
- Pound bounce the ball 3 times on your right side and push off fast towards the left elbow dribbling with your right hand.
- When you are in line of the basket, jab your left foot out and look out left, continue to dribble with your right hand and quickly change to the opposite direction and complete a right side layup.
Then switch to the left side
- Start from the 3 point line close to the left elbow.
- Pound bounce the ball 3 times on your left side and push off fast towards the right elbow dribbling with your left hand.
- When you are in line of the basket, jab your right foot out and look out right, continue to dribble with your left hand and quickly change to the opposite direction and complete a left side layup.
- Make the jab and fake look real. Use your eyes to help with your jab fake.
- Switch direction quickly and maintain balance.
- Move quickly and be explosive.
- Practice both your left and right sides. Strive to be strong on both your sides…Be Awesome!