Skill Level: Intermediate, Skill Development: Handles & Shooting. The drill is designed to help you develop the skill of crossing through your legs, controlling the ball and then quickly shooting. Master this drill by learning to control the ball, looking up, practicing on your left and rights sides and being explosive.
Start on Left Side
- Start in a Triple Threat position.
- Take 3 pound (hard) dribbles with your right hand on the right side of your body.
- Cross the ball through your leg from your right hand to your left hand waiting behind your left leg.
- Control the ball with your left hand bringing the ball to the front of you and then push off hard from your left foot stepping your right leg across to the left of your body &
- Push the ball out to your left side, take a single pound dribble on your left hand, pull up and take a Jump Shot.
Then swap and complete on Right Side
- Start in Triple Threat position.
- Take 3 pound (hard) dribbles with your left hand on the left side of your body.
- Cross the ball through your leg from your left hand to your right hand waiting behind your left leg.
- Control the ball with your right hand and then push off hard from you right foot stepping your left leg across to the right of your body &
- Push the ball out to your right side, take a single pound dribble on your right hand, pull up and take a Jump Shot.
- Start slowly and concentrate on where your feet are where your hands need to be to control the ball when crossing the ball between your legs.
- Look up – keep your chin up, back straight & keep low
- Shoot from within range. When you master this drill then try and challenge yourself by trying to shoot outside your normal range.
- Get some height on your jump shot.
- CHALLENGE YOURSELF: When you start mastering this drill, then be explosive
- CHALLENGE YOURSELF: When you master this drill, start the drill with multiple cross throughs.