Skill Level: Intermediate, Skill Development: Strength.Body Weight Squats are a great leg strength exercise and for warming up before a training session to help raise your core temperature. Using this exercise on a regular basis will help build strength in your legs and tone your glutes and quads.
- Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder length apart.
- Place your hands on the back of your head and feet turned out slightly to open the hip joint.
- Lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Pause, then return to a standing position.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4.
- Aim for 3 to 4 sets of between 10-15 reps. You should feel your glutes and quads starting to fatigue.
- Strength training is the key to increasing your power & flexibility.
- Strength training will help you improve your performance and help decrease the risk of injury.
- Be Strong and Be Awesome!