Skill Level: Beginner, Skill Development: Shooting, Balance, Pivot & Footwork. Excellent beginners drill to improve your shooting around the hoop from different ranges and positions. Also helps you to develop your footwork through the use of a pivot on catch of the ball. Focus on your balance when trying to shoot and shoot from within your range to help you master your outside shot.
- Start anywhere around the hoop and within shooting distance.
- Throw the ball up and out forward or to the side with some back spin so the ball bounces back to your
- Step into the direction of the ball, catch it with both hands, pivot to face the hoop and complete a jump shot.
- Rebound the ball and run to another shooting position and repeat steps 2 & 3.
- Shoot from within range. When you master this drill, then try and shoot from outside of your range.
- Step into the ball after the back spin. Don’t wait for the ball to come to you.
- Complete your pivot when you are facing the basket.
- CHALLENGE YOURSELF: Set yourself a score target or try and beat your previous score. When you score then add 1 to your score. If you miss then take 1 from your score.
- CHALLENGE YOURSELF: Set yourself a score target and try and beat your previous score. When you score then add 1 to your score. If you miss then take 2 from your score.